Growing and Governing Texas
The Comptroller’s Economic Development and Analysis (EDA) Division provides education and direct assistance to local governments, allowing them to operate more effectively and efficiently. EDA aids local economic development efforts and promotes best practices and the exchange of ideas among cities, counties, economic development officials and other entities.
The Texas Comptroller’s office identifies and publishes best practices used by Texas local governments for creatively saving money, improving services, streamlining operations, enhancing revenue and more…
Texas Rising's Partnering for Impact
This month: CIRA helps counties build websites on the cheap.
Texas Transparency Check-up
New Leadership Circle Program:
Recognizing local government transparency efforts online.
Get details and download a self-scoring form to join the circle today.
- Access transparency steps and tools for your own effort
Economic Development Tools
- Economic Development Tax Guides and Reports
- Economic Development and Endangered Species Regulations
- Texas Economic Development Act Reports (Chapter 313)
- Census Data
- State Energy Conservation Office Links
- External Resource Links
- Local Government Management Assessments
- Court Costs and Fees
- Financial Management