- Statutory Authority:
Texas Local Gov’t Code §118.131. Fees Set by Commissioners Court
Sheriffs’ & Constables’ Fees
Effective January 1, 2014
Search County Fees 2014 back to 2006 (last updated January 2014)
The commissioners court of a county may set reasonable fees to be charged for services by the offices of the sheriff and constables.
On or before October 15 of the year in which the fees are initially set, each county commissioners court reports the current fee amounts to the Comptroller’s office.
Before December 15 of each year, the Comptroller’s office compiles, posts and distributes the fee information provided by the counties.
Fees are effective on January 1 of the following year.
The Comptroller’s office appreciates the cooperation of county officials throughout the state in the preparation of this report. Without their support, we could not have completed this task.
If you have any questions about the fees listing, please call us at 1-800-531-5441, ext. 3-4679 or 512-463-4679.
View past years' fees. Below are reports of fees effective on January 1 of each year:
- 2013 (PDF)
- 2012 (PDF)
- 2011 (PDF)
- 2010 (PDF)
- 2009 (PDF)
- 2008 (browse by county)
- 2007 (browse by county)
- 2006 (browse by county)
- 2005 (browse by county)
- 2004 (browse by county)
Instructions for 2015 Fees Update
Due by October 15, 2014
County Judge and Commissioners Court
Changes to your Sheriffs’ and Constables’ fees for 2015, as authorized by Local Government Code Section 118.131, must be submitted to the Comptroller’s office no later than Oct. 15, 2014.
To meet this deadline and to comply with the law, you must:
- place this item on your commissioners court meeting agenda
- adopt the fees before Oct. 1, 2014.
If adopted, the new fees will take effect January 1, 2015. Failure to meet this deadline will result in 2014 fees remaining in effect throughout 2014.
Please contact your region’s Comptroller Contact.
Thank you for your assistance with this matter.
To report your 2015 fees, go to
This will open the Sheriffs’ and Constables’ Fees reporting tool in a new window or tab. Enter the access code listed on the instruction letter mailed to you and select Submit. The new page will list current fees that are in effect for your county.
- If there are no changes, please indicate by marking “Submit With No Fee or Address Changes.”
- Enter the required information and submit.
- If the commissioners court adopted changes on or before Oct. 1, 2014, please indicate by marking “Submit With Fee or Address Changes.”
- Please enter the required information and use the submit button to go to the next page.
- Change or add any new fees your county may have adopted for 2015.
- Use the tool bar located above the list of fees to add new fees or to change the address and/or phone number that you want to appear in the online report.
- When all changes have been completed, use the submit button at the bottom of the page.