State and Local Economic Development Programs
For additional information, contact a regional representative in the Comptroller’s Economic Development and Analysis Division at 1-800-531-5441, ext. 3-4679, or at 512-463-4679.
See how to use local sales taxes to support economic development projects.
- Type A and B Economic Development Corporations
- Municipal Development Districts
- County Assistance Districts
- Enterprise Zones
- Manufacturing Exemptions
Learn how these property tax provisions can be used to support development in your community.
Event Trust Funds
Research funding options to offset costs for hosting sporting and non-athletic events.
Special Assessments and Other Incentives
Discover how the creation of special districts and other locally administered programs can support infrastructure projects and economic growth.
- Chapter 380/381 Economic Development Agreements
- Public Improvement Districts
- Municipal Management Districts
- Neighborhood Empowerment Zones
- NAFTA Impact Zones
- Hotel Occupancy Tax
Find out about provisions in the Texas Tax Code that can help your community recover from a natural disaster.