- EDC Creation Checklist (PDF)
- Economic Development Sales Tax Guide (PDF)
- Economic Development Handbook (PDF posted by Office of Attorney General, 2013)
- Local Sales and Use Tax Information
Statutes governing EDCs
- Local Government Code, Chapter 501
- Local Government Code, Chapter 504
- Local Government Code, Chapter 505
For questions, contact the Comptroller's Economic Development and Analysis Division at (1-800-531-5441, ext. 3-4679, or at 512-463-4679.
EDC Annual Reports
The Development Corporation Act requires all Type A and Type B corporations to file an annual report with the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts by Feb. 1 of each year. The report must include:
- the corporation’s economic development objectives,
- total revenues and expenditures for the preceding fiscal year,
- a breakdown of these expenditures and
- a list of the corporation’s assets.
The Comptroller also may ask for any other information required to determine the use of revenue from sales and use tax imposed under Type A or Type B to encourage economic development in the state.
The Comptroller will use this information to compile the Economic Development Corporation Report for the Legislature each biennium.