Below are five takeaway steps to boost your economic development efforts after reading this month’s Texas Rising:
- Talk to the Comptroller’s Local Government Assistance and Economic Development Division for resources and tools you can use, such as the 4A and 4B economic development sales tax, in your economic development efforts.
Call (800) 531-5441, ext. 3-4679 or visit www.window.state.tx.us/lga/.
- Visit the Texas Economic Development Council, the state’s professional trade association for economic development practitioners, for the latest developments in the industry as well as tips and success stories.
Call (512) 480-8432 or visit www.texasedc.org.
- Connect with the Texas Workforce Commission’s Labor Market and Career Information unit for data on the hottest industries with the most promise for high-paying jobs.
Call (512) 837-7484 or visit www.twc.state.tx.us.
- Check out the Governor’s Economic Development and Tourism Division for tools and resources you can use to recruit business and industry to your town.
Call (512) 936-0100 or visit www.governor.state.tx.us/ecodev.
- Peruse Texas A&M University’s Real Estate Center online for updates on the latest industry expansions and relocations in Texas. Go to http://recenter.tamu.edu/mnews/ or call (979) 845-2031.